CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 11, 2011

juNE junE june,

5 words to sum up June.

Tut, tut, looks like rain!

Got very depressing.

But when the rains weren’t a tumbling down, we did some fun things to kick off our summer.

Such as:

summer 2011 009

summer 2011 010

 

And:

summer 2011 038

summer 2011 039

summer 2011 040

 summer 2011 037

(maybe a little more fun for the photographer??)

 

 

And when it did rain, some of this:

summer 2011 012

summer 2011 013

summer 2011 014

summer 2011 015

summer 2011 016

summer 2011 017

 

summer 2011 018

summer 2011 019

(hangin out in our jammies).

 

 

And lastly, the promised campout story.

But first the pictures:

 

summer 2011 041

summer 2011 042

summer 2011 043

 

summer 2011 044

Tongue out.  (He’s surely tired of me pointing that outSmile)

 

summer 2011 045

summer 2011 046

 

We felt like the best parents after a night of family bonding under the stars, made complete with s’mores and other goodies.  E had gone to sleep in the house easily, just according to plan.  Then after tucking everyone into their comfy sleeping bags, I retrieved him and transferred him to the pack ‘n play previously set up in the tent.  He went right back to sleep.  What felt like just moments later, (but was really a couple of hours later), we both awoke from a dead sleep to him loudly retching in his bed.  D muttered something mean and intelligible, as he often does when he’s half asleep, and we both clumsily picked up the kid and the mess and stumbled inside.  I went straight to the bathtub with him, while D took care of the bedding.

 

Then D headed back outside and I stayed in the house, dressing the baby and getting him tucked into his crib.  I went to my room, climbed up into my soft, comfy California King bed . . . and heard him barf again.  I quietly whimpered as I made my way back into his room and repeated the whole ritual, this time by myself. 

 

I gave E 5 or so more baths that night (I kinda lost track.  It was the middle of the night!).  The last several times as I lay him in his disinfected crib on a bed of towels, E would just look at me with sad, helpless, fatigued eyes, begging for some sleep.  Seconds later, he would begin dry heaving again, his belly completely empty by this point.  And I would tell him over and over how sorry I was about him being sick.  We were both of us too tired to cry.  He finally stayed asleep somewhere around 5:30.

And then he woke at 7, most likely from starvation.

D and I were both bears that whole morning, ornery from exhaustion.  But luckily, there was no more puking. 

And we headed out there again that night, hoping for a redeeming experience.

The kids were great, but mosquito abatement was quite loud.  And so were some of our neighbors in the middle of the night (where do we live, the ghetto?).  Lots of cars.  The neighbors’ staggered sprinkler systems.  And some very spirited birds who chirped all. thru. the night. proving that camping really is for the birds!!!!!

I’m sure D agreed when he had to get up for his 8 ‘O clock meeting!

And we won’t mention the fact that the Bishop caught me dozing off in Sunday school.  Oh wait, I just did.

Share on Facebook

4 comments:

Cristy said...

I Can't believe you went for a second time.what great parents!

Heather @ The Unsophisticated Kitchen said...

I'm gonna try to comment on your blog now and see if it works:). Cute story and pictures! I will admit I chuckled out loud several times. I love backyard camping especially because when its time for the camping part, I head inside to my bed!

Justin and Kristin said...

Oh no!! Did he eat too many s'mores? Poor kid and Mommy and Daddy!

Katie Ladwig said...

While it may not have been a great experience for the two of you, or E, I am sure that the older two still loved it and will remember it forever.