CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

MeeT: mY slEEpy HeAd @ 18 mo.

 

So like the other 2,  I have MANY cute pictures of you awake.

But unlike the other 2, I have MANY cute pictures of you asleep.

Poor guy, you kinda just get drug along as the youngest.

Yet you are determined to get your nap in, whether I give it to you or not!!

Thought it would be fun to display just some of the many pictures I have of you dreaming in unusual places.

There are more on my phone and even more I either didn’t have a camera for, or just didn’t take for one reason or another.  (Probably because quite frankly, it became less and less rare)

But it never lots its cuteness.

Can’t believe I don’t have a single one from Florida where you learned to sleep through anything and on anything or anyone.

You even learned to transfer really well; from person to person, person to stroller, stroller to ride . . . you get the picture.  (even if I don’t have a physical one) Smile

That trip altered your habits a little and you came home expecting to be rocked to sleep every night.  (Imagine that)

I secretly loved it and had to muster every ounce of discipline within me to not let you form a habit of falling completely to sleep like that, all melted into my shoulder and breathing heavy, whilst I rocked you to  primary tunes.

Felt so close to Heaven every time.

Of course, before long, you rediscovered your great love for great sleep and determined to avoid any further delays, you therefore ceased your requests to be rocked every night.

But we still do it sometimes.

For a minute anyway.

 

 

 

summer2 2011 138

 

 

summer2 2011 139

 

2011 summer july- august 017

2011 summer july- august 051

 

2011 summer july- august 055

2011 summer july- august 057

summer2 2011 137

2010 April- Florida 692

2010 April- Florida 559

2010 April- Florida 693

2010 April- Florida 561

summer 2011 092

summer 2011 093

 

 

 

Here’s a glimpse into life with Y.O.U. at 18 months.

 

 

Still 1 of the 3 most wonderful babies I have ever met.

And yes, I still call you baby.

Infuriates me when people tell me you are not one.

You tend to catch sickness easily; from earaches to mystery fevers, you seem to be extra susceptible.   (Stay tuned for story of the family campout)

You are by far my most advanced talker.

Kinda strange, considering you are number 3.

You repeat anything, especially the end word of most sentences you hear.

Scratch that.

Won’t say your own name.

Uncle Dan says you will be speaking sentences in no time.

Some of my favorite big long, tongue-out words and phrases are “lub you,” “num a nums,” “thnana,” (banana) “increbles,” (Incredibles- your fav book after only one reading), the way you call your dad by name, “daynt du” (thank- you), the way you call EVERYTHING “goggy,” (doggy), “bipers,” (diapers) “gucky” (dirty diapers) and “nit nown” (get down) as you climb up on anything and everything. 

 

 

Speaking of that. 

You climb up on anything and everything.

But I always know when you are doing it because you tattle by telling yourself to get down every. time.

Once when Cousin Bailey babysat, I came home to find all of the chairs in a barricading line, away from the tables and counters.

Apparently she got tired of fighting you as I do all day.

But I’m usually smiling to myself as I pull you down and you continue to repeat your cute little phrase.

Unless you were just writing on the computer monitor, which you like to do.

With pencil.

Or pen.

Or hi-lighting marker.  (Thank HEAVENS it was a hi-lighting marker).

You don’t like the corner, but you look so cute in it I am usually smiling then too.

Mixed signals maybe??

And when you are hurt or in trouble, brother and sister come running.

They’re no dummies, they know full well that with your tender heart, you will be searching and waiting for a comforting hug.

Coddling is not something to which you are unfamiliar.

You don’t like when brother and sister play outside without you because you LOVE LOVE LOVE outside. 

And “bye-bye;” you run and get your “shhhss.”  (shoes)

Unfortunately, you also like the street. 

And running away from me.

 

 

Also still like toilets. 

Not going in them, but playing in them; sometimes, even drinking out of them.

And toilet paper.

Still such a little hamster, shredding everything from TP to Kleenex to paper.

And rolling up in my curtains.

I know when that’s happening because I hear “No, no, NO!”  coming from the other room.

Tattling again.

 

 

But even though all of FB surely believes you are a crazy, rambunctious toddler, you are still a pretty easy lil’ guy.

Busy. 

And 18 months.

But all in all, very good.

And beautiful.

Have I mentioned the hair?

The floppy, wavy, fluffy hair that I never touch and draws attention everywhere we go??

Especially now that it’s blonder and your brown eyes pop.

Speaking of the eyes, those are some serious lashes, dude.

 

 

And, as you saw earlier, you are a very good sleeper.

But not at 7:30 in the AM when you insist upon rising and tell me “Eat!”

You have gotten picker about that.

Yogurt and oatmeal are about the only go-to’s I got!

 

 

Cuddly.

You give the best hugs, with your head curled into my shoulder and your feet wrapped tightly around like a little monkey (“mun- ney”).

All. the. time.

WAAY  more than your brother and sister, and that earns you extra bonus/ get out of jail free points.

And your kisses are to die for.

Love you little man.

Don’t ever get big!!!

Share on Facebook

1 comments:

Katie Ladwig said...

Soooo sweet! My two year old is still my baby as well. I guess that might have to change next week when I actually get a new baby, but I don't think it will. Love the mommy notes!