CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 23, 2011

cLarificaTions

So after my second to last post (big letdown) I learned a couple of things.  First: no one reads my blog, and second: those who do, don’t find me funny. 
As a blogster, (blog+ stalker) I have found that the blogs I enjoy most are the true, honest journals.  I can feel the therapy it is for friends and acquaintances to vent about their feelings as well as to document their lives.  I was actually sort of jealous because A. I don’t keep much of a personal journal anymore since I am busy narrating 3 little lives that I find much more interesting and B. When I have a bad day, I’m usually too grumpy to write about it. 
But after one particular bad day, I decided to try it.  And apparently, my friends, venting is not a luxury I am afforded before people start thinking of my post as a suicide note.  This is rather embarrassing to me since I pride myself in being evenkill (no pun intended) most of the time.  I am, however a little dramatic, usually in an attempt at humor.  I guess in this case it was a  failed attempt.  So before you write me off as a negative downer who needs a prescription anti-depressant, please allow me to clarify on a few points.  Some of this will be a review.

  • It had been raining for about 2 months straight.  I should be able to stop right there and be fully understood.
  • I was tired (baby woke up early and the awesome husband who usually hits the gym and leaves me to the morning routine slept in and left me to the morning routine).
  • Baby was extra tired and whiny, but slept less.
  • Did I mention I was tired??!!
  • My adorable oldest who lives for playing was once again being mistreated by his ‘friends’ who had started routinely locking him out so he couldn’t play with them.  Plus the whole aforementioned kindergarten dilemma weighing on my mind.
  • A few more fights with the princess, as well as the aforementioned bedwetting instance.
  • The husband was only slightly in the doghouse, mostly in an “I am tired and stressed out mood and I need you to step it up” type of doghouse.  Nothing too serious.  Trust me, there’s a worse doghouse to be in!
  • After stressing/planning my re entry to the public world, I excitedly got on my blog to discover I had 0 people who cared about it.  Ouch.
  • And although it grieves me to admit this, especially to the public, I’ll let ya in on one more little secret.  It was also red week at our house.  The kind of red week that occurs way too often, or more specifically, every 28-30 days.  And I agree, that is TMI.

But there ya go.  It is all good, we are all good here.  I love my little children.  I just had to leave out the cute little details like M’s sprouting freckles, C’s ‘Mapunzel’ dress and frying pan getup and E’s amazing snuggles to justify my bad mood.  Oh yah, and we also won our vball game that night too.  And even though I played crappily, it was an amazing game.  See, I’m not depressed!!
2010 April- Florida 897

Share on Facebook

5 comments:

Toni said...

Sooo, I am glad you went public, because i changed my blogger account and wasn't invited anyway! Also, obviously I like honest posts, suicide or not :) and lastly I am super sorry about the kindergarten thing. I really hope you are not personally mad at me. If you are I am really sorry.

Erin L said...

Hey, I read your blog. And I totally didn't think you sound like a stress case at all. And I think you are funny. So there. :)

Emily Steed said...

Lol Angela! You crack me up. Don't worry about the negative vibe. Anyone who is a mom has had days (and sometimes entire years) like those. We love our children like crazy, but sometimes they gradually drain our sanity away bit by bit. Why do you think I've only got two kids. :)
I've always said that when they send you home from the hospital after having a baby, they should give you a gift basket filled with a lifetime supply of diet coke (or similar non-caloric, caffeinated beverage)and a prescription for anti-depressants. I wouldn't say no to massage gift cards either!
Anyway, thanks for making me laugh. :)

Jessica Adams said...

love c's mapunzel dress

Red Head Family said...

I'm glad you vented although I was a little worried about he outcome of that day-watch out!! You are human and a mom and a wife and somedays just get to you more than others. I totally understand-my kids are 6 years 9 months apart from oldest to youngest (there are 5 of them). Glad things are turning up for you-your cruise looked like a blast.