CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

JanUary and my gRatEful Heart

New Beginnings:  

JANUARY

was such a joyful time for me.  Looking back to my feelings 1 year ago, I was now in such a better place!  It was like seeing the world through rose colored glasses and every cliché I’d ever heard about pure bliss in motherhood became a reality to me.  I desired to write my feelings down for 2 reasons:

A.  I tend to be too much of a realist so I wanted to prove I do have a soul.  While others write about the Utopia that is their lives, I typically find the mishaps, complaints and downfalls to be more interesting.  But sometimes I worry that’s ALL I write about!  So this is a slightly different tune for me.  Try not to throw up! 

B.  As I pondered over countless possible resolutions, I finally decided I just wanted to try and encapsulate (yes that’s a word) this joyful feeling/ perspective forEVER!

So I will now continue . . .

My theory is that the hormones must have shifted once again and perhaps this is what it felt like to truly be healed after having a baby.  Or maybe it was because last year’s ‘lightening’ had finally subsided and we had survived!!  Whatever the reason, I found myself feeling sorry for those who’d had to put up with me the whole last year because it was just now that I was LOVING vs Enduring my life. 

I sought quality time with each of my kids and family without constantly begging for help or a BREAK. I actually saw myself as kind of a good mom and found some Patience!!  It was so much easier to notice C’s adorable, creative personality, M’s easy going, sweet spirit and E’s infectious, bubbly outlook, and I felt so blessed every time I looked at them or thought of D!!   And if D had to work late or be out of town, I didn’t fret or feel slighted like usual.  Instead I stepped up to the plate and lost myself in my responsibilities as sole caretaker and homemaker.  Everyone pray that it lasts!!

 

    

 

Good Friends, Good Times:

And the blessings continue . . .

Lucky for us, the first couple months of the year brought lots of partying with good friends.  Within about a 3 week span, we had visits from 3 separate families; the Longmores, the Adams’ and the Fishers.  We had a blast with them eating at Mandarin, Brick Oven Pizza and Tucano’s, going to v-ball games and zumba classes, and staying up way late talking and laughing.  Wish we would have taken a photo or two of our houseguests!!  We were so glad they came!

And on M’s birthday, the celebrating continued as we headed to the bowling alley to also commemorate the birth of a close friend who shares his same special day!

IMGP0580IMGP0581IMGP0582IMGP0583 

(D’s tongue caught on camera ^)

IMGP0586IMGP0587

IMGP0588 

 

IMGP0585IMGP0589IMGP0590IMGP0591

IMGP0593IMGP0594IMGP0596

IMGP0584

IMGP0599IMGP0597

 

The Sunday after the birthday friend party, came the family party with those whom we are lucky enough to be related to; my sister and kids, and D’s brother and kids.  We ate pizza and cake and brownies yet again.  It was both fun and delicious!! 

 

Bday Fun

 

IMGP0619IMGP0621IMGP0622IMGP0623IMGP0624IMGP0626

 

 

Kinect Fun 

IMGP0627IMGP0628

 

 

Wrestling Fun

IMGP0629IMGP0630IMGP0632IMGP0635IMGP0637IMGP0639

Share on Facebook

0 comments: